Pages

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

DIY Deodorant

I came across a really easy and cheap recipe for deodorant a couple months ago and have been using it ever since! If you are fussy about how smoothly your deodorant goes on, this might not be for you. However if you are more concerned with the chemicals and/or metals that might be lurking in your traditional store bought deodorant then this is the prefect homemade solution for you! My sister and I have a running theme lately when we talk about new makeup or products that we find and we always ask "could you eat it"? Basically if you wouldn't eat it, you probably shouldn't put it on your skin. Skin is the barrier protecting the rest of our organs but it also happens to be pretty absorbent and while our skin does its best to keep the majority of substances and microscopic particles out of the body, it is impossible to keep all toxins out. Over time a build-up of toxins can cause other health problems, including cancer which in recent studies has shown a correlation between deodorant and breast cancer. This easy to make alternative has 3 ingredients that you probably have in your house right now....cornstarch, coconut oil and baking soda. I also added a couple drops of lemon essential oil for fragrance. Like I said it doesn't roll on like normal deodorant, you have to rub it in with your fingers but so far it has worked fantastic for me and I won't be going back to the store-bought stuff anytime soon!

To get the recipe click HERE
(BONUS! This is one of my favorite blogs. It's basically a family blog written about their everyday life,  but the author has the most hilarious wit and is able to see the humor in everyday situations)

1 comment:

  1. Im really glad you posted this recipe Kim. My friend asked me about natural deodorants the other day, so ill get her onto your blog... :)

    ReplyDelete