Pages

Friday, May 1, 2015

Fruit/Veg Detox

Hubby and I did a three day fruit and veg detox last week. Its been a while! But even just three days is a good way to reboot the old system. I was really good day 1 and took pictures of almost everything I ate. I made a goal this time to eat only raw foods until dinner time. 

Day 1
1. Raw Carrot Apple Orange Kale juice
2. Two bananas with 1 cup frozen raspberries
3. Carrots, cucumber, and grape tomatoes dipped in avocado
4. 6 raw dates
5. Bowl of watermelon
6. Dinner was spaghetti squash and a good quality organic pasta sauce w/sautéed veggies in it, and a side of lettuce. I had a second large plate of the spaghetti squash and sauce (not pictured)
7. Night time snack (not pictured): 3-4 cups Homemade Popcorn (kernels popped in coconut oil and sprinkled with pink Himalayan salt)

 Day 2
Headache day lol. Both me and the hubs had headaches all day, which is common when your body is trying to flush out those stubborn toxins. I didn't keep track of every single thing, but did manage to take a picture of dinner which was oil free fries seasoned with herbs, salt, and pepper and a big salad on the side. I had a big second plate of the fries too.
 Night time snack we opted for these smoothies. Banana, frozen strawberry, frozen raspberry, a little coconut water and thats it!

 Day 3
Headaches were gone and we were feeling great! Didn't document everything but got a few photos from that day. Made another juice that morning... I think this one was celery, carrot, kale, cucumber, apple, and orange.
 Three bananas with frozen raspberries. I actually eat this a lot, even when I'm not detoxing. 
 Didn't eat raw till dinner time that day as I decided to have these leftover fries for lunch. 
Dinner I made a huge pot of vegetable soup with a side salad which really hit the spot! I had two huge bowls. And that was the last day! A detox is so much easier than you might think. For one, you get to eat unlimited. Whatever you like just eat that! I think on day two I had 6 bananas for a meal. It was filling and totally acceptable for this kind of detox! Just make sure you plan ahead and buy enough volume and variety of fruit/veg so when you are hungry there is plenty to eat. I would love to hear from anyone who has tried this or is maybe planning on doing one soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment