Pages

Monday, June 24, 2013

Fish Tacos with Mango Salsa

My mouth is watering as I finished typing the title to this post. One of my all time favorite meals I think. Ever. It is a little time consuming because you have to peel the mangos and chops everything for the salsa, but it is so worth it!

Fish Tacos with Mango Salsa

For the salsa:
3 ripe mangos, peeled and diced
1 red bell pepper, diced
3-4 Green onions, diced
Handful Cilantro coarsely chopped
Juice of 1 Lime
Dash garlic powder
Salt and Pepper

Mix all together and let marinate while you cook  the fish

Rest of the Taco:
2-3 Corn tortillas
Any kind of fish (I buy a big bag of frozen tilapia and used one fillet)

Heat a frying pan on high heat and spray with olive oil cooking spray. Fry the tortillas on each side for about 10 seconds (make sure they don't burn) and make sure to re-oil the pan for each tortilla. Then wrap them in a clean dish towel until you are ready to assemble the tacos. I know this sounds like unnecessary extra effort, but trust me, it makes the tortillas taste fresh! Re-oil your pan and fry the fish on each side for 3-4 minutes or until cooked through. Divide the fish among the tortillas and pile high with mango salsa! YUM


1 comment: