Pages

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Juice Pulp Crackers

 Great snack made out of those leftovers from juicing!
Added a little of this to some natural plain yogurt for a yummy dip. You could use any kind of dip mix or create your own using dried herbs and spices!

Juice Pulp Crackers
1-2 Cups leftover pulp from juicing (today I had used kale, carrot and apple)
1 egg
1-2 Tbs Flax Meal
1-2 Tbs Chia Seeds
1 Tbs Garlic Powder (I use the one from Costco that has parsley in it)
1-2 Tbs almond or coconut milk
1-2 Tbs water

Poppy Seeds
Nutritional Yeast

Mix the first 7 ingredients together until it forms a dry paste. All of the measurements listed on this recipe are approximate since it depends on how much pulp you have to use. Add more water if its too dry or more flax meal if its too wet but just try to get a paste consistency. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with olive oil. Then thinly spread the paste out onto the sheet and sprinkle with poppy seeds and nutritional yeast. I baked at 350F for 20 minutes then peeled it from the foil, flipped it over and toasted the other side for another 10 minutes. If I were to do it again I would use non-stick baking paper instead of foil and I would turn the oven way down to maybe 275 and cook for 1-2 hours. This would dry it out better I think without toasting it too much. I still really liked it even though it was more brown than I expected (left it in a little too long)! Next time I will experiment with the temperature and with different spices!

1 comment:

  1. This is so awesome!!! Something I have wanted to do for ages but never got around too. You have totally inspired me. I hate wasting the pulp... they look so yummy too! Sometimes i put the pulp in my spaghetti sauce or ive tried it in sausage rolls once when i made them at home and it was really yum. Keep the recipes coming Kim!! Loving it!

    ReplyDelete