Pages

Monday, August 5, 2013

Why Detox?

I think a lot people look at detoxing as just something heath "freaks" do to make themselves feel like they are taking care of themselves...at least that's what I used to think. What does it mean to detox and why? I found an article a while back that really reinforced by beliefs about food and how food contributes to health and what detoxing really does. The body is made up of millions of cells that are constantly regenerating themselves, and how those cells regenerate is based on age, genetics, environment, and food. There is a science behind how the cells in our body grow and react to what we feed them. I have always been so interested in people who fight cancer and other health problems with detoxing, natural remedies, and change in diet. One of the most intriguing things I have learned is that cancer is simply a defense mechanism of the body. Cancer is how the body contains toxic cells and prevents them from shutting down the rest of the system. So when someone cures their cancer from drinking vegetable juice....this makes sense to me! The body can regenerate itself, it just needs the right ingredients. I am not against medical intervention and I certainly believe it is needed in some cases, but it just makes sense to me to first look that what we put into our body that might be causing cells to react in a manner than causes chronic symptoms, illness such as diabetes, and abnormal cell growths like cancer.

If you follow this blog you know my husband is on a 100 day sugar fast where he does not eat more than 30 grams of sugar per day. As a soda addict this has been really hard for him, but he has done amazing and seen amazing results. What you may not know is that before this sugar fast my husband had chronic cold symptoms every other month. Most of the time not severe, just a runny/blocked nose for a few days to a week or longer which he would quickly medicate with sudafed until the symptoms eventually went away. Im sure he really thought nothing of it and he probably doesn't even realize it was that often. Since being on the sugar fast I have not heard him complain about this once! It is not a coincidence that his chronic nasal issues have subsided since depriving his body from sugar. Anyway, I could go on and on but I won't. The link I have is posted on a man's website who fought cancer with diet and he has a really interesting story if you care to browse around his website. At the end of the article you can download the full transcript of Dr. Tilden's research. The eBook is free, fairly short, and easy to understand (not all scientific jargon etc). If you are interested in detoxing, natural remedies and taking control of your health, this information is a great place to start!


No comments:

Post a Comment