Pages

Monday, November 4, 2013

Juice Cleanse - Day 1

Over the last 6 weeks I have been training really hard for the Desert Grande Triathlon and finally got to compete last saturday. It was a fantastic experience but I am still stiff and sore from competing! I've been on a pretty good exercise streak this entire year so I knew after that event I was going to give myself a little rest. With a break from exercise already on my mind I thought it would be the perfect time to dust off the old juicer for a 3-day raw juice cleanse. This will be a first for me! I decided on three days because I know it is an amount of time I can actually accomplish and then maybe next time I will try extending it to a week or longer. In searching for some juice recipes I came upon the Joe Cross 3-Day Weekend Juice Cleanse. Joe Cross is famous for his documentary Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead which follows him on a 60 day juice cleanse in an effort to turn around his health. If you have not already seen this documentary it is a must-watch! Very informative and motivating about this subject and I like how it documents ordinary people who take charge of their health using food as medicine. Anyway the weekend juice cleanse looks perfect for what I want to do the next three days. It outlines a meal plan with juice recipes, shopping list, and I also like how it allows you one meal for dinner (consisting of fruit and veg of course). I plan on drinking as much juice as I want and I may or may not do the 1 meal a day, but I really like the idea of having that as an option in case I am dying to sink my teeth into something! Since this cleanse was kind of a spur-of-the-moment decision, I wasn't all that prepared with loads of veggies. So last night I just used what I had on hand so I would have something to drink today until I went shopping.
1lb of carrots, 5 celery stalks, 2 apples and 1 pear...
 Turned into this!
Three days is not that long, I can do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment