Pages

Thursday, November 7, 2013

Juice Cleanse - last day

I did it! Now that its over it felt quick, but I do remember Monday and Tuesday feeling like they would never end. This cleanse was definitely more difficult that the fruit and veg fast where I could eat the whole food. The difference between that and juicing is you are able to get a higher concentrated dose of nutrients. The millions of cells in our body are constantly regenerating and building new ones with the materials that we feed them... FOOD. So a cleanse or detox allows the body to flush out the toxic cells and replace them with healthy cells that are built with nutrients. In addition to the benefits on a cellular level, here are a few other benefits I noticed over the last few days...

  • Remembering what hunger feels like. Most days I eat/snack whenever I want without feeling any hunger (aka necessity). Food tastes amazing and is more satisfying when you physically need it! 
  • Re-focusing my mind on nutrition and breaking away from some habits I have started to notice worming their way into my diet (like snacking late at night when I really don't need to and and having treat foods everyday). My palate is also more easily satisfied with healthy food since cutting it off from those rich roods.
  • I feel much lighter and notice my stomach is definitely flatter and less bloated.

Except for extreme cases where people are treating disease (like cancer and obesity) I don't think a long term juice-only diet is necessary or even that effective. Our bodies were designed to digest the whole food and there is definitely a role that plays in digestion and health. Three days seems to be perfect for what I wanted to accomplish. Gave my body a little rest and recovery, I appreciate food more, and am once again motivated to keep myself on a healthy track. Just in time for Thanksgiving!:/





2 comments:

  1. Well done! I really admire the amount of disciple and self control that you have.... Can I borrow some?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work Kim, your such a great example to all of us.

    ReplyDelete