Pages

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Juice Cleanse - Day 2

Well I'm at the end of day 2 and have to admit this cleanse is both mentaly and physically harder than I thought it would be! Firstly, juice is just not filling. No matter how much I drink it doesn't seem to quench my hunger! And on top of that I've been fighting the urge to give up. My mind puts up a pretty good fight too with thoughts like "one day is still a great accomplishment" and questions like "is it really worth all the effort?" Another very difficult thing about this cleanse has been continuing to provide food for the rest of my family. I still have to prepare 3 meals a day plus snacks, all of which I cannot eat! To help me stay on track I have been taking advantage of 1 vegetable meal a day as outlined in the Joe Cross cleanse. I really felt like I needed to incorporate this to help me keep going and it has worked. I look forward to that meal and it helps satisfy my hunger a little better so I can sleep at night. Here's what I've had today...

Morning juice - 4 carrots, 2 apples, 1 slice ginger

2 glasses Gazpacho Juice (made the night before, recipe HERE)

2 glasses green juice (kale, cucumber, orange)

Dinner - roasted onion, beets and butternut squash

No comments:

Post a Comment