Pages

Monday, May 27, 2013

Fruit/Veg Fast - Day 4

Memorial Day barbecue is not the greatest time to be smack in the middle of a fruit/veg fast. And to top it off I had offered to make a cake for my sister Lucy's birthday, it was a coconut cake I have been dying to make ever since I saw it on Pinterest. I've been going back and forth over the last few days trying to decide if I should just eat a piece of cake and be happy that it was my only cheat the whole 8 days, or if I should stay strong and restrain myself. I am proud to say I did not eat any cake! I did however save myself a piece in the freezer and will eat it after the detox is over, but boy was it hard watching everyone else enjoy the beautiful cake I had worked so hard on!


Here's what I had today instead of burgers, hotdogs, pasta salad, coleslaw and CAKE...

Smoothie (young coconut water and flesh, frozen banana, pineapple)
2 corn on the cob
baked potato fries
watermelon
3 bananas
red thai vegetable curry (potato, zucchini, carrot, onion, red bell pepper, thai spices, coconut milk)
grape tomatoes
avocado

No juice today, my morning was too busy getting ready for the barbecue, but I did miss getting in all those nutrients first thing in the morning. I am excited to juice tomorrow because I scored a ton of fresh beets from my sister Lucy's garden!

1 comment:

  1. You are stronger than I! Those beets look beautiful. Nothing better than roasted beets. Yum!

    ReplyDelete