Pages

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Recipe Kickoff

Welcome to my new blog! Let's kick this off with my current favorite recipe that I've been dying to share because I am obsessed with it! This salad is so filling, nutritious, and really low in calories. Plus the look, smell, texture, and (and most of all) taste, satisfies every one of my senses! I also love this recipe because it requires very few ingredients, all of which I usually have in my fridge/pantry.
 Start out by mixing the miracle whip with the chicken
 Then add your chopped celery and green onion
 Next comes the chopped apple and then I also splash the lime juice straight onto the apple. This helps keep the apple from turning brown too quickly and adds a nice fresh flavor too. 
Then mix it all together! I usually portion the salad into containers so I can just grab and eat.
However this salad deserves some glamour shots too!




 Chicken Celery Apply Salad
1 can (12.5oz) Chicken, drained
1Tbs miracle whip with olive oil (or any type of mayo you like)
3 green onions, chopped
5-6 Celery Stalks, chopped (about 3 cups)
1 Apple (any type), chopped
Dash Black Pepper
3 Tbs Sliced Almonds (one Tbs for each serving. I don't add the almonds until right before I am going to eat it, otherwise they can turn a little soggy sitting in the salad in the fridge) 

Mix and Enjoy!

Makes about three servings of 1 1/2 cups. (You could totally do 2 servings, I just find I can't finish the serving when it is divided up into two, filling I tell ya!) 
Calories: 165
Fat: 5g
Protein: 17g

*For a yummy variation I also sometimes add bacon, avocado, and/or cilantro!

8 comments:

  1. I look forward to reading this blog! This salad looks amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUMMO!!! Great Job Kimmie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I remember this recipe from your other blog? I never got to make it, but I'll definitely give it a go now. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You might be thinking of the spinach apple bacon salad? This one is so much lighter and I think healthier! I don't know why but I really don't like salads made with any kind of leaf at the moment. I mean I will eat it but I don't go out of my way to make them. I am loving this one especially now that it is getting hot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to try this. It looks super yummy. I think I have everything in my fridge- guess who's trying this for lunch?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Made this today. Holy Moly! Super yummy recipe Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I made it Kim.... well sort of. I had to substitute a few ingredients, because I'm impatient (didn't want to wait till the next shop). So I swapped the chicken for tuna, shallots for red onion and almonds for walnuts.
    Great idea for a salad. And I'm gonna try the bacon one from your other blog next time :)
    Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete