Pages

Friday, May 17, 2013

New Toy

A juicer! I plan on trying to make this a daily habit (hopefully for the whole family!) Better than taking a daily multi-vitamin in my opinion. 
Special thanks to my bro-in-law Josh for steering me towards this one, I love it so far! I am excited to try all the different functions this juicer has to offer, like pasta making and grinding my own flour. To make sure I use it, I decided to transform my messy cluttered counter...
...into a juicing station! I just know if it is stored away in some cupboard and I have to pull it out every time I want to use it, I will be less likely to make the effort. This way I am always reminded its there and it is convenient to use. 
 Already made our first batch of juice with some helpers! Thurston said he liked it at first, then after a few gulps decided to change his mind haha. Even I will admit some juices are more of an acquired taste, but I was so happy they at least tried it! (and they absolutely loved help making it:)
Even babykins had a taste of it (diluted with water). Yes we tricked him, and he didn't like it, maybe more fruit next time for the kiddies. (and now that I see this picture I wonder what was I thinking let him drink that on my white carpet!)
 We did 1 apple, 2 carrots, and a huge handful of spinach
Looking forward to trying out lots of new recipes, I'm gonna need them when I embark on my fruit and veg detox! More on that later.....

2 comments:

  1. I really need to add this to my blog. I love it! So excited about your new juicer! WE need to get back into juicing. I have been doing green smoothies instead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to the recipes!! After you have tried them of course :)

    ReplyDelete