Pages

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Fruit/Veg Fast - Day 5

Today was pretty average. Ethan was back to work after having 3 days off and me and the kids did the usual. Went to Costco and was disappointed to find that all their dried mango and coconut I had wanted to buy was full added sugar. But I was still able to load up on strawberries, oranges, kiwis, dried apples, frozen pineapple, spinach and sugar snap peas. The highlight of my day was Ethan's reaction to having spaghetti squash and a homemade marinara sauce for dinner...he LOVED it! He said he felt satisfied for the first time in 4 days and liked it so much he would eat this instead of pasta anytime. Hallelujah! This detox was worth doing just to find out he likes spaghetti squash!

Here's what else I had today...
Juice - beets, carrot, apple, spinach - my favorite so far! (left out the ginger this time:)
raisins
banana
avocado
Portobello Veggie Burger (mushroom, lettuce, tomato, caramelized onions & peppers)
Dried Apples
Strawberries
orange
kiwis
Spaghetti squash with homemade marinara sauce 


So excited we are past the half way mark already!

No comments:

Post a Comment